Thursday, November 25, 2004

Thanksgiving

I had my first real pangs of homesickness a few days ago when I realized Thanksgiving was this week. We haven't been here long enough to have a social circle yet, and a turkey is just too big for the two of us. I thought of making a pie, but they don't have canned pumpkin at the grocery store (and fresh isn't in season - it's almost summer). I'm sure next year we'll be settled enough to be able to share our immigrant tradition with friends here. But this year, well, I'll just focus on remembering all the things I'm grateful for, including this opportunity to realize a long held dream of living abroad, good health, wonderful family and friends and, of course, Ali, the love of my life. And in the spirit of gratitude and thanks, I'd like to share this:

Cherokee Prayer Blessing

May the warm winds of Heaven
Blow softly upon your house.
May the Great Spirit
Bless all who enter there.
May your moccasins
Make happy tracks
In many snows,
and may the Rainbow
Always touch your shoulder.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Cheers,
Sandie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home