Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Today's the Day

Okay, so we're all packed (1 large suitcase, 1 garment bag, 2 duffle bags (one normal size, one humongous thing we got in Venice Beach last week), a daypack, and a computer bag. Everything else we own is somewhere on the Pacific Ocean, heading towards the Port of Auckland (we hope!).

It's been a great summer, a chance to travel, go hiking and camping, relax, and really think about the future in a way neither of us has ever had before. And the result is we're going to try something we've talked about for years (going to NZ), something I've dreamed about for as long as I can remember (living in another country), and something my friend Joe says is the best reason to do anything (to get good stories to tell your grandkids, or at least other people's grandkids!).

I haven't been able to get in touch personally with everyone I wanted to this week - there is never enough time - so please forgive me. This blog is my attempt to reach out to everyone "efficiently," even though it's not the most personal way to communicate. Once we're settled in and have new contact info, I'll let you know (off blog, of course).

So g'bye for now, next message will really be greetings from Middle Earth!

Cheers!
Sandie

1 Comments:

At 7:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sandy,

Thanks for the email. This blogger thing is cool. Have an excellent trip.

:)

Kelli

 

Post a Comment

<< Home