Sunday, December 05, 2004

Soggy Time on Karangahape Road

Well, another week has flown by. Time is going by so fast it makes me wonder if Middle Earth is on a different rotation. It certainly is in a league of its own weather-wise. The wind blows so fiercely sometimes, you can almost imagine you're on a small island in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. And that wind brings a fair amount of rain, too. Not all at once, mind, so you could give up your plans to go to the K'Rd Karnival - no, this weather likes to tease. (Sun showers are de riguer; today it was raining so hard one minute, it was dark and I couldn't see a thing. A moment later and the sun was shining - through the driving rain.) On the theory that whatever the weather is doing now is likely not to be what it will be doing ten minutes later, we walked through the drizzle to the Karnival in time to hear some bands and see the Parade. Unfortunately, drizzle was followed by downpour. Fortunately, we now know why all the major streets here have large awnings over the sidewalks. And even though the Karnival wasn't as big a party as I'd been expecting - K'Rd has a pretty good local reputation - given the awful conditions that steady Southwesterlies produce around here, the crowd that turned up was amazing.

The past week was taken up with continued refinements on the theme of Unpacking and Putting Things Away. In addition to finally getting our pictures hung, the main focus was my office, which no longer has boxes of office supplies, documents, knick knacks of every description, etc., strewn about. They are all sorted and nestled away in their new home. I even managed to file all the paper I've accumulated since our file cabinets went into storage six-plus months ago. The best part is that I've cleaned enough space to be able to practice yoga at home again. Which all my sore, aching muscles are telling me I have not been doing for far too long.

Cheers and Namaste,
Sandie




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home