Friday, April 28, 2006

Diversions


I'm leaving for the conference in Vancouver on Monday, so have been working like mad to get my paper and presentation ready. Hasn't left much time for blogging, unfortunately, but I do enjoy seeing what people that have extra time on their hands come up with:

Bank Swirled is an utterly brilliant parody website, apparently the creation of disaffected World Bank staffers. (I came across it doing research on the World Bank.) Don't stop with the first page, enter the site, and don't worry about not having a password - click on any link and you'll access the "Dept of Institutional Integrity."

"Every Change of Rate" is a hilarious parody of the Police video "Every Breath You Take," as done by some Columbia Biz School students. (I'd guess the back story is speculation that CBS Dean Hubbard hoped/expected to get the job as Fed Chief.) This one, like the cartoon above, are Ali's finds.

Liz Hickok is a Bay Area artist who works in - jello! I couldn't play the video, but the pictures of San Francisco rendered in jewel-toned gelatin are wonderful.

I'll try to to blog my trip, otherwise I'll follow up when I'm back in NZ (in two weeks).

Cheers,
Sandie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home